August 6, 2008

An Update To My Missing Metrobank Funds

This is an update to my Metrobank account's supposedly missing funds. Thank God, the funds were still there. According to Metrobank, it may be a case of technical glitch on the Bancnet ATM. In the case of my Paypal transfer, the fund was reflected in my bank account 4days after. What happened was that I panicked because according to the account history, the fund transfer was completed. I thought that would mean, the amount will automatically reflect on my bank account. But with further "delving" into Paypal website, I found out that it isn't always the case. Paypal may have transferred the withdrawn amount, but the bank to which it would be deposited may take 5-7 days before it can be completely processed. So there, just a minor case of ATM technical glitch and a little case of irresponsibility in my case. Irresponsibility because, it was my responsibility to read all rules and regulations of Paypal the moment I signed up with them; but then, I didn't. :-) Anyway, to Razhiel and Maids, and to all others who left a message and prayed with me, thank you, guys!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 AM

    how did you apply metrobank withdrawal to paypal? i have an online savings account with debit card, is that something that i could use? I called metrobank and they said that they do not accept paypal withdrawals, which is not true in your case. Hoping you could help. Thanks!

    bonsai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, bonsai! What a nice nick, makes me remember someone :)

    Anyway, yes you can use Metrobank to withdraw your paypal funds. You can use the debit card too, but they usually charge higher than atm bank accounts. That's why I use my Metrobank atm to save:)

    Don't call Metrobank. They usually don't know anything about paypal. lol! Just enroll your Metrobank account number to your Paypal account and then wait for confirmation. Once approved, you can start withdrawing thru ur Metrobank, at a lower charge rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Hi there, I already added my metrobank account to my paypal account but I cannot withdraw because it says I need to add a debit or credit card. I dont have a credit card. Can I use the ATM card to this Metrobank account? It has a "maestro " logo in the front, i think thats for mastercard. i tried to add it to paypal, and it shows a message that the bank is denying the service and that i would need to contact them. how dod you get to withdraw money? Did you use a credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Hi!

    My first try to withdraw funds thru metrobank from my paypal account went haywire. I'm not sure where it went wrong. I registered my metrobank savings acc (atm) and withdraw the funds. It was initially completed and the transaction said that funds will be withdrawable after 7-10 b.d.i waited but after 10 days the fund didnt reflect in my balance. and then i received this email notice from paypal telling me the transaction was reversed because my bank info is invalid. I wonder why because i registered the bank name, the 9digit bank code specific for paypal transactions, and my account #...could it be because i did not include bank branch in the bank name?..

    i'd appreciate your reply.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete