August 27, 2008

Texas Gulf Shrimp!Yum!

It's 1:38PM and it's well past lunch time, but I haven't taken my lunch yet due to some work deadline. So, when I happened to enter the site with photos of American dishes sprawled out before my very eyes, it isn't surprising that I feel even hungrier than ever. I mean, look at these great cook off dishes. They all look great and palatable enough to literally starve your eyes and stomach. In fact, I am almost drooling now. It's a shame though that I can't have any of these cook-off dishes right now. But just thinking of these seafood dishes made me decide not to forget to tell Papa to buy big shrimps from the wet market before he goes home. I'll try to create some delicious shrimp dish, although I'm not so sure how since I don't cook.lol!

At first, I can't decide which to pick as my favorite since all cook-off dishes are served with great seafood. But since I am a BIG, BIG fan of huge shrimps, lobster, and crabs, I am picking up Texas Gulf Shrimp as my favorite now. As you know, domestic seafood is a great, sustainable dish since it has lots of nutrition you can get out of it. It is fresh and will remain fresh-tasting when cooked. It is a lot different to those packaged, canned, and processed ones.
Going back to my recipe pick, the Texas Gulf Shrimp was created by Chef Mark Holley from Texas, and knowing the guy comes from a great place, I knew the recipe is going to just yield an uber sumptuous, name-forgetting dish. If I could only fly to where Cher Holley is located right now, I would and I'd ask him to create one for me. I am imagining the JUMBO SHRIMPS with heirloom tomato relish, prickly pear gastrique, black beans, hominy arepas (oh, I love this with the big shrimps!) all assembled into one plate served in front of me. YUMINESS! Oh geez! I can't bear the thought! I must be off now and fix myself some lunch food. I am really hungry now and my saliva won't just stay put.

But before I go, let me tell you that you must visit the www.GreatAmericanSeafoodCookOff.com and check out other recipes too. And if you want to win a trip to New Orleans prize package, why not choose and vote for your favorite seafood recipe too? Try it now!
Post?slot_id=18661&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

Post a Comment