August 12, 2008

Wen Told Me To Beat Irresponsible and Slothful Ways...

I feel bad today. I didn't attend all classes for this day. It was not my intention, but this morning, I didn't notice time was clicking quite fast. I woke up at 7:45AM, one and a half hours before my first class of the day. But before I went out my room to prepare, I went online to work on a post thinking I could finish it for like 10 minutes and still have enough time not to be late. I was so engrossed with it that I didn't even bother looking at the clock. When I finished, darn, it's almost 9 in the morning. Since I knew I'm gonna be late for the class, I decided not to attend. Instead, continued working with my blog and thought of attending my second class, which is at 1:00 in the afternoon. Two hours before the time, I got up from my desktop to take a bath, eat lunch, and get dressed. I was able to finish at ten minutes before 1:00PM. I was on my way out to take the ride to school, but lazy me strikes again! I didn't even reach a quarter of the distance from our house to the rides' location as I went back home because I can't bear the temperature. It's so hot, I almost wanted to cry because of the discomfort. So, again, I did not attend the second class and decided I will with the third one, which is at 4:00PM. But at exactly 4:17PM, I'm still here in my front of my desktop. Obviously, I've no desire to get up and go to school. I'm feeling really low because of my irresponsible and slothful ways:( I want to finish my degree this school year, but I've been committing absences lately. I remember Wen, a close friend and former officemate, now. She used to tell me to fight these attitudes of mine, because in the end, it is only me who's gonna decide what to do with my life. I miss you, Wen! How I wish we could meet one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment