August 31, 2008

I've Been Sick With Flu! Hatcchoo!!!

Photo credits go here.

I wasn't able to post anything yesterday because as I have feared, I had caught flu. When I woke up yesterday, my whole body felt weak that I cannot get up from bed. I supposedly had MORAL THEOLOGY classes, but since I am physically weak, I did not attend. I kept on sneezing all day, so I knew I'm gonna catch some serious case of colds and cough as well. I tried to do some online activities, but my illness took over my physical being. Instead of making it worse, I stayed away from my computer for 24 hours and took a rest the whole day. I went online today b'coz I got some deadline tonight. It was only one opportunity, so I thought I could get away with this for one or couple hours.

I'm a little better now but I still feel a bit dizzy every time I go up. I know this was the result of not taking care of myself - sleeping very late at night due to online activities that keep me busy all the time and not eating healthy foods on time. Although I've been taking multivitamins daily, my routine of late did not help in any way.Luckily, there are some medications available that you can take to prevent flu from seriously aggravating you. In addition to these medications, I also take 1000mg ascorbic acid daily to give strong defenses to my body against the viruses. Now, at least I feel that I'm on my way to recovery. I know I'd better be since midterm examinations are only a few days away. I can't afford to lose this most important exam week since most parts of the grades are taken from midterm grade results.

Guys, please steer away from this sickness. Influenza, or commonly called as flu, can get worse than you can imagine. It could go from 1 - 2 weeks of you bedridden. It is a kind of virus that spreads easily, so you might want to get away from individuals you know have flu. You might want to protect yourself as well by taking some multivitamins daily, plus at least 500mg of ascorbic acid or vitamin c. And more importantly, eat healthy foods well and get 6-8 hours of sleep. And never make it a habit to sleep very late at night! It brings your defenses against viruses quickly down.

So, there's my little advice! I'm off to my bed now. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment