June 3, 2008

When You Are Suddenly Confronted With A Life-Challenging Decision

Lately, I’ve been dealing with the difficulty of decision-making process. This has got to do with my current job, where I have been with five days a week, from Tuesdays to Saturdays, for as long as three years, seven months, and one day to be exact. Just for a bit of information about myself, my job requires me to produce quality articles about auto parts daily. They gotta be unique and not copied. Copy writing, which means using another source as the inspiration of my copy, is allowed; however, plagiarism is a big no-no.

Doing that for three years and a little over half can never be good on one’s patience and resourcefulness. I mean, writers can produce a number of articles in a daily basis for three succeeding years and six months. But take note also that I don’t particularly say they can do that out of sheer resourcefulness, creativity, diligence, or whatever hard-working positive attitude is motivating them to continue writing without ever complaining. Because in some days, I know they were forced to write for the plain reason of “we are required and paid to do this”. In short, only in the name of quite hefty monthly compensation correct, my dear co-writers?. However, I don’t believe one can do the same thing, creating quality articles only about a single interest in the same time span without ever falling trapped to the web of being burnt-out and just wishing work is not like this or hoping the company gives me plenty of days for myself to relax and vacation but still, hey, I get paid. But, on a positive note, I do believe writers can make it for three years, and even five, ten, or perhaps for a lifetime, provided the interests and topics are diverse. I know, many of my co-writers will agree with me on this.

But why am I telling you this? It’s because I am under that spell - suffering because I can no longer bring myself to be resourceful and diligent enough to write articles about auto parts. Imagine me having to do come up with a good topic about a certain auto part, like Honda electrical parts, and write about it over and over again? The monotony of work has posed me lesser challenges in my daily life. It had led me to think: Am I doing this for the rest of the next few years or so? Will I ever move on from this current so-called career? Is it even a career that you can call writing about the same auto parts over and over again?

You read a note of bitterness and complaints? Yes, I am exactly complaining about my life now; however, I am not bitter about it. Life goes on, but I need to decide on one thing – the decision is a matter of giving my life a more meaningful adventure. I am helplessly exhausted, but I can’t continue being in that shameful condition because my loved ones are going to be highly-disappointed in me. If you've been reading between the lines, I knew you know what this post is leading to. And if you do, then let me tell you that it’s been in my empty nutshell for quite a few months already.Right now, I am still in the process. But in time? I know I'd get there, where I should supposedly be.

In the meantime, I would want to hear what Ces and Totie would always say,

"Inshallah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment