June 28, 2008

Thank You Guys For The Beautiful Shoebox Tangerine Doll Flats!

Yesterday, me and my former officemates went out for a little bonding and strolling at the mall. Ryan needed to get his shop on, so we accompanied him at the men's section, luggage and bags section, and at the toiletries section. We also went to the shop (I can't remember its name) at the Pacific Mall where it sells Havaianas flip-flops, Shoebox, and a lot other brands. I saw this lovely pair of doll flats, tangerine with a brown lining. Being one with an eye for fashionable yet comfortable feminine thingies, I automatically grabbed the pair of tangerine flats and tried it on.

Oh my! It fits exactly and comfortably my size!

A minute after trying it on, I knew I just need to have it because it's just looks so beautiful. It's made of faux snake skin, so the classy yet girly factor was there. The color is lovely too. But much as I hate going home without it, I am currently unemployed and paying for my own school tuition fees. I knew too that I can't simply afford to be the compulsive buyer that I am always guilty of at this time, so I was deciding if I can still fit the bill into my budget for this semester without feeling guilty at all. But how, if I may ask, if I don't have steady source of income to feed my fashion needs? Boohoohoo for me! But, always the lighthearted as I am, I refused to feel disheartened at the sad thought. So, to lighten my mood? I suddenly joked if Ryan, a dear friend who is transferring to Manila office (so I sure am gonna miss him), would buy the pair for me? I wasn't expecting that they'd think of it seriously; however, Talie apparently was when she suggested, why don't we all share for the payment? I got suddenly moved because I knew she wasn't in any way kidding when she said it.

I also knew she meant it b'coz she always do it when she says she would pay for your share or she would buy you a treat at a restaurant, coffee shop, or wherever we may happen to be idling at. She made Ryan and Yona pledge their share. And although they we're making fun out of it, they were actually serious when they said I can have the pair of Shoebox shoes as their gift for me. Aawww, I was so moved by the gestures! Thanks so much, guys! You were all aware how our former employer treated me, so that is probably why you were all exerting your effort to comfort me. I knew, buying the shoes for me was one of your ways to let me feel you were all here for me especially on the days when I was so down. I just am not certain if I showed to you how I deeply feel the gratitude towards you, guys; but, deep in my heart, I am really thankful and deeply appreciative. Thank you so much for always making me feel alright, guys! Hugs and kisses for you!

Again, thanks Talie, Yona, Sally, and Ryan! I love you guys! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment