June 19, 2008

I Can Go Work Abroad Next Year, Yad Permitted Me :)

One fine weekend afternoon, me and Yad were having a light heart-to-heart talk. I mentioned to him about my plan of not working anymore because I had to finish my degree. I also told him about my going abroad next year to work. I was surprised for his violent reaction, "Iiwan mo na ko?!!(You're leaving me?!!)". I was crushed to see him with that reaction 'coz he thought I was gonna abandon him. And so, I explained to him why I need to work abroad. Said, I need to do it to earn money. You see? He's already in the fifth grade and barely two years from now, he'll be in high school, which I'm aware, is kinda expensive. Then after four years in secondary school, he's gonna be off to a university to pursue a degree. I can't imagine how am I gonna send him to a good school and university if I don't earn enough.

And then, suddenly, he asked me: "yayaman na tayo, mommy, pag sa abroad ka magwuwork?(Are we gonna get rich, mommy, if you work abroad?)". Oh, yad! You always surprise me with your questions! lol! I was kinda amused at the question but I hid my smile and answere, "Oo, yad. Yayaman tayo. (Yes, yad. We're gonna get rich.)", and added, "So, pwede na ko magabroad? (So, is it okay with you if I work abroad next year?"

His reply? He nod his head, then said:

"Sige, pwede ka na magabroad next year." (Okay, you can go and work abroad next year)... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment