November 28, 2008

Yad Wants to Go to the Gym to Workout and Build Muscles

My son Yad is eating dinner while watching television just now. I am in front of my desktop computer taking care of some freelance tasks. Suddenly he called me to say he wants me to buy a treadmill. I asked him why. He said he wants to workout so he'd shed off his "bilbil sa tiyan (extra belly for you or baby fats for him)." I asked him again why. Answered me that because of the "bilbil sa tiyan," he doesn't have muscles (probably means a six-pack abs) in his stomach and he looks fat. He further told me that he wants to go to the gym to workout. Noncommittaly, I answered back why don't we both go and have body workout. He innocently (or is he?) but excitedly replied yes. All along our little discussion, I really wanted to laugh but refrained myself from doing so continued taunting him instead. I fired him my last question if he is already a "binata" (a man). He answered me with conviction and with a very beautiful handsome smile pasted on his lips, "iyo, mommy (yes, mommy)!"

In case you don't know, Yad is 10 years old. :D

Here he is:
He doesn't look fat at all, right? Here's another:
So, is he fat?

Here's a half-body photo of him:
Certainly, not fat!

Finally, whole body photo of him:
So, fat-not Yad. Slim, just like mommy;)

But I don't understand why he thinks of himself as fat and he needs to build muscles. At an early age of 10, he's certainly conscious of his body built.

Hhmmm... wait...

Could it be that he wants to look good in front of everybody or just of his crush? And he thinks that for a 10-yr old boy to look good, he also needs to build muscles just like those handsome and lean men? Or could it be that he is already courting this little girl he said he had a crush on? Is he growing up faster than I thought? OMG! Pray God No!!! It couldn't be! My little boy is my little boy! My little boy is my family's little boy! *Mommy extremely sad and nostalgic now:-(*

1 comment:

  1. damn! i should be ashamed of myself. hahahaha. if yad thinks he ought to trim down for whatever reason he may have, how come i'm not that bothered with my size?!?! sigh! eheh.

    ReplyDelete