November 14, 2008

Yad and Sean William Scott Just Saved My Day!

I just had a fight with my younger brother. It's just one of those little things that I always get irritated with, like not being so hygienic with food. I always find my nerve flaring up when it comes to food issue. I don't like you picking on food with your fingers when it isn't supposed to be a "pika-pika" food. Use the right utensils so the stuff on your fingers doesn't get on my food. Even if you washed your hands with soap and water, don't pick on my food when it isn't a "pika-pika" food, and specifically... if it's a saucy or soupy food.

Coz you'd always lose my appetite then... and my temper! Grr!

That was a plain and super simple rule, right? But, yeah! My brother's always like the bitchy, quirky one, always trying on my temper. It's a good thing that Yad is there to console me. Well, not directly. He just went to make my day by telling me he was included in the top 10 of the class. He said he was in the 9th spot in a 45 or so students. I would have wished he had ended up at one of the top 3 students, but knowing how Yad changed his study habits, being in the 9th is enough to make me happy and proud of him. So yeah, this good news was enough for me to forget the little squabble that happened earlier.
You see? When he was in the first grade, he ended up in the 3rd honor place. However, when he stepped into the 2nd to 4th grade, he didn't make it even to the 10th spot. With all the cellphone and computer games, and the camaraderie he got himself bonded with his new friends, his school went into just his second priority. He wasn't the same Yad I remember back then who was so enthusiastic about going to school and learning new things. He slowly lost his interest that his grades started to show its toll. As a tough mother to a child (yes, you could call me a tough mother sometimesor maybe most of the times?), I complained how his grades turned out and became strict about getting his good grades back.

No, not just good, but high grades! I would force him to hit his books and tell him no to go out. I would sometimes bargain something for him in exchange of good grades, like a cellphone unit if he ended up an honor student after the school year. But you know, a kid's mind his age (he's 10 years old) can be lost exploring newfound friends, new cellphone games, cartoon network shows, and computer games. That's how Yad is! He's not the type like other children who is busy making good grades. His mind is full of anything but school. School is second priority, as what I have noticed during the past three grade school years. He is a hyperactive kiddo, no ADHD though.

So, it occurred to me that I cannot be harsh on Yad anymore because he is still busy exploring his childhood in him. I thought I might just give him this privilege since childhood happens only once to use, right? Thankfully, his grades were not that bad. He still manages to earn a satisfactory grade rating, so I decided to loosen myself a bit over him. I had stopped demanding him to be at one of the three top honor spots. Just as long as he isn't getting grades as low as 75%, I would get away with it. Occasionally, when I would notice how he's getting deeply lost in other things except school, I'd still be the tough mom who would impose something harsh on him. But generally, I had let him take his own course by stopping to be the strict mom. And see how it benefited him? Now, without the constant tough and tight orders on him, he went into that 9th spot. That's an improvement, ayt?

And why did Sean William Scott made my day too? Well, he did nothing but flash his oh so heart-melting smile and squint his deep, talking eyes. That's enough for me to forget the world. I so adore this Hollywood hunk. I was so, so lucky to chance upon him today on the Tyra Banks show. And even Tyra couldn't hide her admiration to the handsomeness of this American Pie star. And he's always got humor in him. I love the portion when Tyra wants to sit between Sean and 50 Cent, so they could strike a model pose. But the two purposely didn't move their legs, so she ended up sitting actually on both men's knees. This and Sean's so full of humor totally cracked me and the audience in the studio. I love, love, love, love, and just love SEAN WILLIAM SCOTT! He is my dream guy! He melts my heart, just at the sight of him in photos and screens. I LOVE YOU, SEAN WILLIAM SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Err, forgive me for acting like a young girl, but I simply am into SEAN WILLIAM SCOTT! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment