November 6, 2008

What Shall We Expect From Obama's Runaway Victory?

Weeks before the US Elections, I already felt that Barack Obama will emerge triumphant from this considerably sensational and historical event in America. Some people I argued with, including my father and other friends, did not agree with me whenever I'd say that it will be Obama who's going to replace Pres. George W. Bush. It's true that this African-American Senator of Illinois has managed to get massive support from different communities, but I believed that somehow the Americans wanted change - a change they believe only Obama will give. McCain would have been the same instrument for this much-sought after change, especially as far as the current mess Pres. Bush will be leaving behind is concerned; but it is clear than water that the Americans have spoken. At the turnout of the election, Obama and his supporters rejoiced from the runaway victory. But for the people to rejoice this early, I would think that is not the right thing to do. We have yet to see what America will be like under Obama administration.

And why I am posting this one? And kinda late at that?

Because, as they say, when America sneezes, everyone, or rather, the world catches cold. Because we, Filipinos, will have to be aware what this will impact us - I don't know if good or bad (I pray though it will be the first), but it will. Don't forget that Obama does not like America outsourcing jobs because he wants to give job to every American individual. So, what does that mean to us? Philippines has always been one of the favorite nations, which the Westerners outsource jobs from - and I admit I am one of the individuals who have benefited from that - but if US President-Elect Barack Hussein Obama withdrew this outsourcing job relationship, where does that leave us? But then again, this is just one of the thoughts that have been running in my mind ever since Obama declared his platforms particularly concerning on that issue. I am never, and will never be, in a position to foresee what will happen under Obama's helm, but this is one fear that have been boiling inside me although I don't intend to stay longer in this outsourcing industry. One of my mentors in AUL quipped that if may that happen, it will undergo process and thus may take quite a long time. But what to those individuals who planned on staying in this industry forever?

On the other hand, my fear, or your fear, is unfounded and maybe what happens next is the contrast of that. So, I guess the right thing to do at this time is to wait and see.

And not that Obama will read this post, but I still want to congratulate this great man for giving this new adventure for America to face with!

Let's wrap this post up with "Long Live, America!"

and, of course!

"Mabuhay, Pilipinas!"

Photo sourced from here.
Disclaimer: This is just my personal thought. Any comment/reaction is welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:50 PM

    A client told me that he voted for McCain because with Obama at the helm, taxes would go up especially for small businesses like his. I have not been closely monitoring both the US elections so I'm not sure about this one though. Only thing I know is that I share the same fear as you. Question really is, "What will happen to us?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 PM

    If taxes are gonna go up, does that mean our articles would be paid at even lower rates??? waaahhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete