July 18, 2008

My Free Review for AUL's Internet facilityÜ

I'm at school right now, trying to consume part of the 15hours internet time I paid upon enrollment. This was the only second time that I was able to use my internet time here. I wasn't doing anything important right now except one paid post, so why not put my time to charity use? This is for the benefit of Aquinas University. I've been doing paid reviews for some months now, and I thought why not do a free review to my beloved Alma Mater*wink*

I'm putting a review to their internet facility, so here it goes:

Pros
1. Hmm, internet connection is a bit slow*. But as far as I can remember it, today's speed is better than when I was enrolled at this University during my late teen and early 20's of my life. Yeah, I'm old, I know. Ü And in fact, I can do my blogging and open websites at the same time, which you could execute only at high-speed internet.

2. The number of computer sets reaches more than 30 (this was based on my quick count, so not accurate). This is a far cry to the more or less 20 sets (I can't remember it now, blame it to the number of years added to my age hehehe) , which, as students, we always used to impatiently wait for our turn to use one of the desktops back then. In order for us to claim our turn, we have to surrender our white forms to the student assistant on duty for the queuing.

3. Automated logging-in facility. Using internet no longer requires you to surrender your white form for the queuing. One-time registration of your student number and password is the only thing you are required to do. After which, you can use the internet without asking the SA to reserve you a seat. Once there is a vacant desktop, you can log in using your student number and registered password, then surf all you want.

4. Internet room is now big. In fact, this is a lot bigger than the room where we used to squeeze our body in between the wall and the backs of students using the internet facility in order for us to access the computer. I'd be lucky then if the alloted computer desktop is located near the table of the student assistant. Because of the limited internet room space, there were only two rows of desktops and students in view. Thankfully, that is not the case anymore.

5. Nicely-ventilated, air-conditioned room. Air-conditioning unit is working, as in, in top condition. This is another reason why I liked visiting this room. It's so hot outside, so even if there is no need to go online, I'd still go up the second level to escape the extreeemely uncomfortable temperature. Ü

Cons

1. Not enough desktop computers. I've said a while ago the number of computer units increased as compared to older years; however, if you'd consider the thousands of students in this University, it's still not enough.

2. A handful of the computer units are not working. Maybe our computer technicians could repair these units asap, so at least, the number of students deprived to use the facility lessens.

3. There are other days when internet connection is really so slooow. This is understandable since in some cases, it can be the result of poor internet provider's service; however, they could have at least inform us by putting some sort of announcement at the door.

I can't think of any cons anymore, so I'd conclude it here now. As we can see, my personal review shows pros outweigh cons. Therefore, I can say that Aquinas University has gone a long, long way if you compare it to the days when I and my former batchmates were still walking our life together in this University.

No comments:

Post a Comment