July 13, 2008

Is This Really A New Phase Of My Life?

1. Picked a new school shoes yesterday from a shoe store at The Pacific Mall;
2. Picked my school uniform-pants at Terry's Dress Shop yesterday;
3. Picked my school uniform-blouse just 30minutes ago from the same dress shop;

In short, I'm now ready to be the true AUL college student again... I mean, I've been attending classes almost a month now, but I don't wear school uniform (I was given exemption and a period of time to be in civilian clothes as consideration to my being a returnee). Last second semester, I was exempted since I was employed by a BPO company then. But now, since I'm no longer employed, school policy says that I've to wear the same get-up other students are wearing.

So, I'm back to my old school (University). More than five years ago, this is the picture of me: a school girl completely clad in black pants, white blouse, school ID, and black school shoes. Save from the blouse, which has an AUL patch now at the right collar, it's kind of a weird feeling that I'm gonna wear that same picture starting tomorrow.

All things happening with me lately were very far from few months ago. This is like an entirely new phase of my life; but in reality, it is just like a repeat of the past. And while I'm currently in this repeat chapter all because of my being irresponsible and careless in that past, I'm not ashamed because what matters now is how I've become stronger from that failure.

Some may be wondering what I am doing at my old school at this age, but I am proud to say that I am correcting the errors of that past now. And unlike before, I can say with conviction and certainty that my direction in life now has a new, more concrete, and clearer path.

No comments:

Post a Comment