September 3, 2009

My Decision Will Be My Decision

He is not amenable to my decision of my moving out...yet. Says it is not safe for me since I would be alone most of the time when I finally move into the house. Despite my few efforts of convincing him, Yad still doesn't want to come with us because he's a heavy heart leaving mama and papa, plus his tito's.

Yad grew up closer to my mother than me because she was the one who raised and took care of him from the very first day he was born. I don't know how to convince him, but I know he's just in a state of shock. This is gonna be his first major change in his life after all; so I understand how difficult it could be for him.

As for him, I understand his point, because he would be gone most days of the week due to his business and other reasons. He is worried for my safety when there is no one to look after me when we finally move in to a new house. I am in a delicate condition right now, with my 4th going to 5th month expectancy.

Yet, I need this big decision because if not now, when would I ever start growing up and taking care of myself or learning how to care for my own family? Of course, as he would always say, I am always the same obstinate Jirlie. Stubborn mind in a naive, vulnerable small woman that I am.

So, end of the story?

After several attempts of talking me out of my decision, it is clear to him that no more conversation for this issue as I firmly made up my mind the moment I made it. Well, I hope so! In the meantime, I would continue looking for a nice place and start packing my clothes (and Yad's, for God's sake, he will come whether he likes it or not!) as soon as we find one. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment