September 2, 2009

Soon, Moving Out - Big Decision, Big Step Of A Future

Middle Term Examination Week...

I can't believe it's less than two months before the semester ends. I thought I'll never do it, but way to go, I am at last very near it! You go, Jirl!

On another topic...

I am off to school in a little while to check my schedule of exams.

And also off to some places to look for a house for rent after school.

Yes, I am moving out.

Because I need to build a life of my own. Not under my parents' protection and care. Because I am no longer their only little girl who will continue to depend on them with every failure I make myself. I must learn to live on my own. I must learn to get by without their hands on me every time I stumble to the ground and am on my knees.

Besides, I am making my own family now. So, isn't it inappropriate for me to still shelter myself around my parents and brothers?

I am a little afraid, but hey! If others can, why can't I? I am also a little excited, but fear's a larger quantity of what's been creeping my thoughts since I've come to this HUGE decision.

But I know, I will learn. Maybe not from the start. But, eventually, I will be standing on my own two little, vulnerable feet. One person is guiding me, so at least, that helps me feel a little better.

Inshallah!

1 comment: