April 8, 2008

A Very Special Gift from MY Yaddy!

I just wanted to post this piece of cut-out and paper. It may look insignificant but it is special for me. In fact, the most special gift I have ever received this year. In the past few months, I have collected myself gifts all coming from some dear friends and of course these are all special in their own rights.

But one thing that makes this piece of paper hold a very special part in my heart is it came from my Yaddy, my 10-year old son. We were watching our, or rather his favorite movie of the month, "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory," one fine weekend morning when suddenly he entered the room he shares with his Tito Jay, my youngest brother.
Moments after, he came out and handed me the paper. I thought it's just one of his paper wastes he is about to discard. Then he took it back, and I shrugged the item off. He went inside the room once again. Out he came, then handed me back the cut-out paper. He boasted off the "paper work art" he made and I offered him compliments for the efforts he did and I said it was beautiful. I thought it was just that.

But, apparently, he wasn't finished...

He pointed the letters he inked on the paper. As you can see in the picture, it says "Thank You." I asked him if it was for me. He said yes. Asked him again what was it for. He answered, "nothing." Said he just wanted to give me that.

Awww... my heart melted as soon as I realized that he did that for me. He wanted to thank me for something that I don't even know what was that thing. It made me consider for a moment, perhaps I've done him something good to make him happy?

Isn't that sweet? I really love you, My Yaddy! I hope you grow up into a fine man someday, just like how a fine young man that you are today. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:57 PM

    WOW! sweet! makatouch man........wara ako magibo jirlie kaya nagbasa ako posts mo.. hehehe... YADDY is the best blessing in yourlife...:) he'll make you happy always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 PM

    yep, kr! he's my best blessing in life... he is the reason why i continue to fight the traumas of life and continue to live life happily... thanks for the time reading my post :-)

    ReplyDelete