December 19, 2008

Santa, My Wish Is A New Cell Phone Unit =)

I lost my cellular phone just yesterday while I was on my way to downtown Legazpi. My mind was probably too occupied (today was our preliminary exam week) that I haven't had a tad idea that my phone was about to be owned by someone else. I am not certain whether it was stolen right from inside my bag or I left it on the seat of the jeepney (a local public utility vehicle). I can't remember, really. On the other hand, how that thing got lost is not important anymore. Because, one thing, or rather two things, is for sure, I made one individual happy this Christmas with that new cell phone in their pocket and I am without a phone now.

I wasn't too upset that I lost my cell phone because of the phone itself. The unit can be replaced anytime when I've money. But the thing is, I still don't have cash to replace it and I don't know when I would be able to. In these days when everyone is struggling with bad financial conditions due to world-wide economic crisis, losing a costly cellular phone, or a costly possession for that matter, is the last thing that you wanna happen. Right now, I am one of those who are struggling because of my education fees and all.

Besides that thing, the lost contacts, saved text messages (some of those were received way back in 2006... yes, those messages that came from only 1 person were too special to be deleted), pictures, mp3s, and other files put me in a slight disadvantage now. It's so hard, or rather it takes time, to collect contact details especially if you got more than a handful of friends and family or relatives. But, of course, I know I can't hold on to things that are lost and are simply impossible to find now.

Sulking and fretting to as far as putting stress to myself wouldn't be of help, so instead, I consoled myself that it was meant to happen. Never mind the fact that it may be due to my carelessness and absent-mindedness. At least, the phone wasn't taken from me by force, which could have put my life in danger if it was. I still thank God that it was only the phone.

As for the replacement, all I can do now is to put a new cellular phone unit in my wishlist since I don't have the money right now to buy a replacement phone;) I wish someone out there would give a heart and gift me this very thing that I need most.

Paging Santa, where are you? I need you. =)

XC'S:
To those who have my old Globe number, please delete it now. I will be posting my new contact number once I got a new unit. In the meantime, you can contact me via email, via this blog, or via my ym: jirlzmnbajaro.

Thanks! And have a happy holiday to all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 AM

    Jirl, I heard about your lost celphone through Julian. Sad naman. :( Anyway, we missed you at our 'Christmas dinner'. It would have been better if you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur right, peach. it was kinda sad bcoz everyone is dealing with financial crisis nowadays including me:( on the lighter note, i think the phone got lost bcoz it's reminding me to get a new phone model =)

    About the Christmas dinner, i sure missed it. I would have loved to go there that night, but you know my reason. *sigh*

    Anyway, i'll see you soon, guys! there're still other "Christmas Dinner" events for all of us. And next time, I'm gonna make it sure i'll make it.

    miz yah guys!;)

    ReplyDelete