December 14, 2008

2 Days Before the Misa De Gallo

Yad decided to complete the 9-day misa de gallo (Rooster's mass). It will start on the dawn of December 16th and will finish on the dawn of December 24rd. The misa de gallo will be culminated by celebrating a mass on the evening before midnight of the 24th, just before Christmas day, the birthday of our baby Jesus, ticks in. I also want to complete the 9-day mass, but at the rate of sleeping habit that I am having, I am really not certain about it. I wish I could, and I will try to.

Misa de gallo, by the way, is celebrated, I believe, only here in the Philippines (correct me if I'm wrong please). That is the reason why the Philippines has the longest celebration of Christmas season. It starts on December 16, which as mentioned celebrated with the first misa de gallo, and ends on the first Sunday of January, which is celebrated with the Feast of the Three Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment