December 27, 2008

My Son's Recuperating Now

Yad is recuperating now. He had his bandage on and anti-bacterial and pain reliever medicines. The anti-bacterial medicine has to be taken every 6 hours, so that means he has to take one at the middle of the night. He usually goes to sleep straight as early as from 8:30-9PM down to 6AM, but this time, I have to wake him up at 12MN for the med. I am the one who is assisting him with the meds, so I don't sleep until that time. He is sleeping on the couch at the sala as he is worried that his Tito Jay might hit his bandaged wound if he sleeps beside him, which on ordinary days he does.

I don't want him to feel like he is alone, so each night I leave my door open so he can see me from the couch. Normally, he can't sleep alone because he still thinks about monsters at night, but this time, he sleeps by himself. He just needs the lampshade turned on, and off he's ready to hit the bed, or the couch. Thank God he is doing well. On Friday, January 2, we're going back to the doctor to check the wound, and if all is well, to remove the stitching. He is lucky that this mishap happened on his vacation. Otherwise, he'd surely miss his classes. On January 5, he's going back to school. I'm sure by that time, he'll be able to walk and attend his classes.

Till next post again. I'm going back to my work. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Awww... I hope Yad gets well soon. I could just imagine the whole healing process and how much it hurts. Be strong just like Yad is. And Merry Christmas to you. We missed you last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yad is okay now, Peach. The doctor removed the stitches the other day. Yeah, I used to be so weak when it comes to terrible things like this. But I thought, if my son is trying to prove to me that things like this don't make him cry or appear like he's less than a man? Boy, I should be ashamed of myself if he sees me one more time that mommy is a weakling, right? It was an eye opener, peach. *sigh*

    I just realized. We're both so blessed for having our kids in our lives, peach. )=

    ReplyDelete