January 9, 2009

Talk About Tiny Entreprenuerial Skill

My mood for today: happy and hopeful.

Why: Because with less effort, I sold all 4 imported-from-US watches at the University with the help of one of my dearest mentors/instructors. In fact, Miss Q literally did the selling talks mostly to her co-leagues. I just did the explanation part where the items came from and if they were authentic. Yes, they are authentic, or at least that's what the seller said, because I want to sell only authentic products.

And oh, I don't want to forget mentioning that the purple/light green Makgio bag (also from US) was also sold, and 4 of the 8 pairs of US stud earrings too. Isn't today my most wonderful day of the week? This was one of my most productive days and I hope many more days would be like this 'coz I need to earn more money.=)

Hhmmm, I could get used to this. Why not? Buying and selling is the job of my papa and why not I do it too? I could make money out of buying imported-from-US watches, bags, and jewelry and then selling them here. I know at this time there is no way I could make money as much as what papa can, but at least, what amount I can make could augment my income.

Plus, I am starting to do something really worthwhile. As you know, this current financial phenomenon, called the worldwide economic downturn, has taken a toll to almost everybody. It wouldn't help if we just rely on just one source of income and we're not doing anything at all to alleviate the difficulty.

Besides earning, I am also practicing my entrepreneurial skills, which I have a gut feeling that I might just become an expert of in the future, perhaps 15 or 20 years from now. It isn't a crime to dream big, yes? I remember one day at my former office, a co-worker remarked that I might just have it. I know you felt it, Ryan. Because I did too.

Goodluck to me! =)

Of course, I am not concentrating yet on this business as I am still attending the University. Plus, I am still writing, my bread and butter, and I have lots of other things to attend to so it's hard to squeeze in each task to my somewhat full schedule. However, if this tiny "entreprenuering" drama turns out well, hhmm, I'm no Miss Super Woman but I might just reconsider. In the meantime, it can be a really good sideline of mine and hopefully a really, really productive one.

Aja Jirl!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    SO you're now into buy and sell business huh... Am also considering the idea of getting involved in business ventures. It's just too bad that i couldnt think of a good business just yet. Perhaps you have a good idea. Am open to suggestions... hehehe.. miss u jirl.. luv u!!!

    There is 'henry sy' in each one of us.. good luck to our future business.. kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hi!
    Good luck to your Business.
    See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lunaticg! thanks for your nice words and for visiting my site as well...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ry! i knew you'd read this entry! i mentioned you heheh. that's because i haven't forgotten what you said during one of our heart-to-heart talks in the pantry back then in our former office. i always wonder why you seem to know me so well, hhmmm...

    anyway, yeah, i agree. there's 1 henry sy in each one of us... and maybe another lucio tan, right? who knows?

    anyway, about your plan of going into business ventures and my suggestions? we'll talk about that when we chat. in the meantime, enjoy your life there! miss and luv yah! mwuah!

    ReplyDelete