January 18, 2009

Did Charice Sing On US President-Elect Barack Obama's Pre-Inauguration Today?

I know... it's been 10 days now. Don't blame me for still having this too messed up to post condition blogger's block. It's one epidemic in the blogosphere, you know. And I'm struggling... hard... to keep this blog

...still alive.

But anyway, I am so excited and really looking forward for today's events, January 18 in the United States and January 19 here in PI. I know all Filipinos feel the same knowing that Charice Pempengco is singing at the Pre-Inauguration Day of President-elect Barack Obama. I wish we could watch her live performing but unfortunately word says her performance, as well as other celebrities' performances, wouldn't be broadcasted on regular TV shows as it is HBO which has gotten the rights to the entertainment portion of the event. Being a non-US resident, I don't understand why it wouldn't be aired. Maybe, it's for security's sake, or whatever. Well, anyway, since we wouldn't see the performance of Charice, I guess we'll have to wait it on Youtube, right, youtubers?=)

BUT, will there be a youtube video of her performance? What's this buzz going around that there was no Charice singing "One Moment in Time" and "God Bless America" in the US President's Pre-Inauguration? Is this true, people? If that's true, we'd be extremely sad. It should've been her most ginormous performance to date. Imagine the only Filipino singing over the widely-celebrated President Obama's inaugaration? That's deep! A laurel to her cap indeed, and a gigantic pride to us Filipinos.

I wish someone enlightens me over this issue. Did she, or did she not, perform?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 PM

    i've watched the pre-inauguration on jan 18,the kids inauguration on disney channel on jan 19 hoping that charice will sing and the actual inauguration on jan 20 and i did not see charice perform.it's so sad that they even announced it.who is to be blamed for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to skip watching that show on the disney channel as i've initially no idea where the Pre-inaugural Ball was to be aired at, but it was shown at a local news program (TV Patrol) of abs-cbn just the other day.

    Charice did sing at the pre-inaugural. She sung ONE MOMENT IN TIME and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

    In case you were misled (I was too earlier), she was supposed to perform only at the PRE-INAUGURAL BALL held on January 18 and not at the INAUGURATION DAY, which was yesterday, January 20 US time.

    I hope this enlightens you. I only got the issue that there was no charice at the pre-inaugural ball from youtube when I was searching for a video of her performance. Apparently, someone(and take note that he/she was a filipino too), was just trying to spoil the moment and excitement of the filipinos by saying there was no charice singing or performing. i did not believe them outright, so i didn't stop researching if that issue was true. Btw, I did post another to correct that issue.

    thanks for dropping by anyway! God bless!

    ReplyDelete