January 1, 2009

Do You Have A New Year's Resolution?

I do. But unlike last time, I don't have a list. Because if I list my new year's resolution, that would gonna be like impossible to achieve. It's always like that, you know what I mean?

You'd say you're gonna change this bad habit. You'd say, you're gonna forget your bad mannerisms and all. You'd say, you're gonna change this negative attitude. You'd say, you're gonna achieve it this year... and so on, so forth.

But the thing is? They always end up just like that, a new year's resolution listed on a paper, or perhaps, a new year's resolution stamped on your brain. But nothing's really happened.

Well, I don't want to go on a new year's resolution that I won't actually "resolve" this year at all. So before the year 2008 ended, I made a promise to myself - a promise that I not only stamped on my head, but took it to my heart. I have only one resolution for the year 2009 - and for the many coming years to come - that is, just to be a better person.

Not that I am a bad person. I just want to improve everything about me. No more, no less. =) Think that's hard to achieve? Not at all. In fact, I thought, this one is the easiest I would ever have to deal with.

So, what's your new year's resolution?

Have a very wealthy 2009 to us all!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:54 AM

    I honestly don't believe in New Year's resolutions because I think that people can change any time of the year if they really want to. I did try to make a list last year and I was able to fulfill a good part of the list. The thing is, if you really want it, you can do it and you don't need to wait for the New Year to do that. I do wish you luck on being a better person. We all need to do that. Happy New Year, Jirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, peach! Happy New Year! =)

    ReplyDelete