October 15, 2008

Psalms 118:8 - My Favorite Bible Verse

I know, I know. This blog has been sooo shamefully idle for like a million years. But I am back now, and I promise not to let this site go to oblivion. And as for my first post after letting it sit for couple of weeks, I am going to mention my favorite part of the bible, which is the centre verse. Do you even know what is in the center of the bible? You are probably a bible reader, but most likely, you aren't aware that in the centre of the book is found the Psalms 118:8. Although this is my favorite verse, I too wasn't aware of it until someone forwarded me an email message containing lots of bible information including that one. Why did this verse become my favorite? First, let's Find out more what Psalms 118:8 says:

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

In my early years, I used to become so naive whenever someone is putting me down. Naive because I often become so depressed when someone hurts me and never cares that I am hurting. In those days, I always pray to the Lord to guide me and heal my wounds but I never completely surrendered to His will. But as I have slowly matured, I have learnt not to give in to the negative feelings and instead dwelt on the goodness of life that God has bestowed upon me. I have learnt to put confidence on the Lord's plans and wills He has in store for me so that even when someone is trying to pull me down to the grave of terrible emotional pits, it gave me more reason to become stronger and fight the difficulties and trials with more determination. Life has lots of good things, and if I surrender by not trusting in the Lord, how am I ever going to enjoy those things? So, for me? It is always better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

How about you? Do you have a particular favorite bible verse too? Let me know about it. And if you want to Find out more about bible stories, here is your chance. CineMeetings & Events is bringing you the first ever Theatre Church Conference to Silver Spring, MD happening on October 22 and 23. This is a chance to Find out more of these bible stories and church experience, so be sure to attend the conference. I would like to hear more of your favorite bible verse and how your life experiences relate to it, so drop a comment here, alright?
Post?slot_id=23049&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

Post a Comment