October 21, 2008

Canceled Trips and Outings...

Days before the wedding of Totie and Ces was to take off, we have received a text message from Burns, saying they unfortunately could not make it here in Legazpi as what was planned. She reasoned out that some job-related issue came up so that they need to cancel the trip. As far as I'm concerned, that was utterly a shame because that also meant cancellation of the planned agenda for four days. What made me regretful about were the outings to several Legazpi tourist destination spots we were supposed to visit. It has been a while (2 years and 3 months to be exact) since I had been to outings, and I missed the beaches, pools, water springs, and those tourist locations here in Legazpi.

I was already having picturesque scenery and images of Deo Endhekka, Mayon Resthouse, and Cagsawa (see photo at the left) running in my mind. I have been imagining the days that I would be taking off for myself and just relax and enjoy. I have been thinking what clothes or outfit to wear on those days and just don't think about all the things that have been bogging me for a few months now.

But, sadly, all plans did not materialize. Much to my dismay, there was nothing that I could do then. Maybe we could have that trip and those outings when everybody else is available. Right now, they are just too busy with their own corporate lives that they can't easily afford to take several days off and enjoy. I realized, that's the price as you age. And since people continue to age, will we be like this for the rest of our lives - not having enough time to just enjoy and relax, I mean? Well, it's a reality check.

On the one hand, the canceled trip and outings have been a blessing in disguise to me. I was spared of those supposedly full days so I had took more time to prepare for the wedding of our dear friends, Totie and Ces.(I am going to post about the big day and some pics later). And of course, I was able to concentrate more on my freelance works, which remind me I still have a deadline to beat and I gotta work faster now :)

Anyway, I want to take this opportunity TO ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATE THE COUPLE, TOTIE AND CES, FOR A NEWLY EXCITING, MUCH DIFFERENT TURN OF EVENT FOR YOUR LIVES NOW! I am happy for you guys and I wish you a successful marriage life! I know you are too busy right now with your first marriage consummation, in short honeymoon (lol!), so get the most out of it! Hope to see you before you both go back overseas. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment