May 31, 2008

My Birthday Gifts This Year!

Just for the purpose of showing how grateful I am, I am posting these photos to thank my dear friends and kins for the birthday gifts they gave me:-)

First off, Burns bought me this Nafnaf baby tee when we went out SM Cubao malling last January (yes, five months before my actual birthdate. She's that thoughtful and way prompt, really... hehehe. Love yah, Burns!). I visited her and Baby Zyv after I attended the funeral of my late Auntie Inday at Sanctuarium. She also let me ride on her credit card purchases when I saw a nice red-and -white polka dot baby doll flats and a white shirt. Plus, together with Fhurer and Epoy, she bought us dinner to Hap Chan Chinese restaurant in the same SM mall. Thanks, thanks, thanks, Burns! You've always been the most generous friend in the group and while others would sometimes forget my day, you are my best friend who never fails to remember it and even on other special days. Miss yah and your most adorable baby ZYV!

Second to the list, a therapy pillow. Although Yel, another dear and very best friend forever, didn't indicate it was a birthday gift (she also gave Ryan one, a Kerokeroppi-designed therapy pillow), I included it in the list. Gave it to me when she visited Legazpi City on March for the Holy Week vacation while we're having a cup of coffee at Southern Cafe. I asked her what was it for, and if it is for my birthday. Said, just a token of being a friend to me. But since it was two months off to my birthday, I decided it was a birthday gift hehehe. Yel was always the sweetest friend of mine. Like Burns, she's also one of those whom I can trust to spill my dirty secrets over and still not care whether they'd betray my trust for them simply b'coz I knew... they wouldn't. Heart you, Yel. Thanks for this uber-cute gift. My officemates loved it as well. They envy me, in fact, especially Pinkistah, b'coz it' s pink. lol

This one on the right photo was the third gift I received. It was from Ces, another dear friend, who is working in Dubai. Wait, that's me in the picture, I know. But that funky black-and-white summer tote bag I am carrying was the gift Ces gave me. It was intended as a pasalubong, but again, just barely two months off to my natal day, so I also listed it here in my post. I love the bag! It's just too perfect for my summer getaways. Ces was not one in my college group (she has another), but we talk a lot often way back then. And up to now, we still talk about life, life, life, and life. Thanks, Ces! I'm excited at the upcoming BIGGEST EVENT in your life this October! Mwuah!

My favorite cousin, Ate Lot, who is in Australia right now, sent me a little package as her birthday gift for me. I received it on the last week of April. I love the three fashion necklaces, one funky and two chunky. (I'd post the pics later) I don't have the pictures yet, but in the photo above, I was wearing one of them. The package also contains a beautiful dress, a lovely satiny, pink tunic, and a black bolero. Love them all because they all look great in me! lol Ate, you sure know what looks great in me and what's not. Bunch of thanks, ate! Mwuah mwuah mwuah!

Of course, I wouldn't end this post without mentioning that my co-workers gave me a gift - a cash gift. Ü I guess, they couldn't think of what better gift to give me, so they handed me the cash instead. What a thoughtful way of gift-giving. I remember my childhood days when my ninang and ninong hand me several Php hundred bucks hehehe... By the way, I am correcting my last post. I mentioned that my co-workers didn't give me a birthday gift. It turned out they were to hand it on Tuesday. Thanks loads, my dear co-workers!

I know some of you may be wondering where were the gifts from my family and My Hubby? Well, Hubby isn't the type who'd give you gifts on special days. Kinda sad, but in fairness to him, he'd always give me gifts on ordinary days when I wasn't expecting it.Hhhmmm...you'd call it thoughtful, wouldn't you? Perhaps... but no comment from this author hehehe. My family didn't give me a gift, but they bought and prepared birthday food for the whole family to celebrate.

So, there... This post may not mean to others, but it does a lot to me... I feel so grateful for having these wonderful people around me. You are all what keeps me going on with my life. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:41 AM

    Congrats!! I also got a ladybug T-shirt from Current Catalog to gift my girl friend on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete