May 8, 2008

Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Maligno starring Claudine Barretto Gave Me the Creeps!


I swear I'm never gonna watch Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Maligno at ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida ever again! It had caused me nightmares that I promise are all products of the hair-raising Maligno scenes.

Earlier, I can't find enough courage to watch it knowing it was a horror sineserye. And the reason why I don't in the past week since it started playing on air time is the fear churning inside me whenever watching this kind of movies or tv programs. I have a weak stomach over horror films or movies with too much violence and blood in them; and most of the time, I always end up having nightmares at night after watching. That is why, I always avoided these movies.

But, out of curiosity, I tried it last night. I didn't expect the scenes to be more brutal and bloody, and in fact, I think, those are comparatively lighter than the earlier or the succeeding ones; however, I can't stand the scenes where the demon boy, I believed called Angelo (Carlo Lacana) and the birthchild of the sexually-abused Angela (Claudine Barretto) courtesy of Lucas Santander(Rafael Rossell), was causing a classmate/bully to bleed from his mouth or in the bathroom where the latter was getting wounds and bleeding because of excruciating heat coming from the faucet's water.

I thought I can handle the scenes, but my stomach was causing more butterflies to flutter their wings, and my heart racing faster than normal. And lighter as they were, my fear once again took hold of me as soon as I hit the bed and fell asleep. They were trying to make my mind running wild and my dreams creepy too as the scenes started to crawl my unconsciousness. It was like the nightmare is pulling me down to my grave and fighting against it was hard. It only stopped when I have had gathered enough strength to pray.

I know there are not many like me who can't stand watching horror movies, but I really swear I'm never gonna watch it again. Though the story is a beautifully classic one, I really can't stand it. But, if you want the story of Sineserye Presents, Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Maligno, you can watch if after Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition. For more info, it was created by Celso Ad Castillo and directed by Wenn Deramas. This is the second installment of the Susan Roces Cinema Collection, the first installment starring Philippines' Queen of Game Show Host Miss Kris Aquino. Maligno also stars Diether Ocampo, Kim Chui, Gerald Anderson, Empoy Marquez, and DJ Durano.

No comments:

Post a Comment