May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day, Mama!


Warning: This Post Is Quite Long For It Is Intended For My Mother, who is celebrating her birthday today.

Today is my mama's birthday. It should've been her special day and I know she should be the one who's served and not her children. But, as caring and attentive to our needs that she was, she got up from bed early to prepare our breakfast and my lunch food. Yad was the next to got up from bed, and while I'm still feeling lazy and don't want to get up yet, heard him shouting-greeting his mama lola, "Ma, Ma! Happy Birthday!" Such a sweet son of mine! He never fails to show how important we are for him. I really love, love, and love this kid. A little later, he was murmuring loud enough for me to hear, "Happy Mother's Day pa, Ma!"

Oh, I'm sure, my mama's heart melted again. She always does whenever someone from the family manages to show the affection directed to her, which unfortunately for her, is a rare occurrence in the household. It's not everyday that my mother gets showered with our affection towards her as me and my four brothers were never showy when it comes to our love for her.

In fact, I can't even remember me and my siblings telling her "Ma, I love you and thank you very much for all the care you gave us!"

*Sigh*
We are very fortunate to have a mother like her; but it's sad that she was not lucky enough for having rebellious, hard-hearted/headed offspring like us.

So, right! I am going to do it here in my site. Since we don't often show our affection towards her, I am gonna express how much I love and treasure all the things she did, and still doing to us, right here for the world to read. Although you won't get to read this, I'm quite happy that I can, finally in my own world, tell you that:

"You Are The Best Mother In The World!"

This, I want the world to know
that I wouldn't trade you
to any successful career mother in the world
...because you are truly the greatest!

How would I ever survive without you, I don't know yet!
You cook breakfast and lunch for me and Yad
...so I can bring it to work.
You wash my clothes (and even my undies)
...b'coz you know I never do it.

You clean and make my bed
...because I don't have time to do it.
You tend to and look after my son like he is your own
even though I'm around(never fails!)
...because you know I'm not fit enough to do it.

You just let you tears down
whenever I am sorta involved in a mess
...and never question me about it.
You never despise me
despite of all the nightmares I went into
...and embrace me with your doting and hardworking hands
after coming back to you.

You accept me
no matter how grave and embarrassing
...my failures and shortcomings were.
You see, ma? I knew you never know it,
...but didn't you realize how great a mother you are?

You are supposedly the queen in the family,
and being the only daughter you have,
...I am supposedly the princess, just next to your rank;
but, inside our home, it's the other way around.
You do things that make me feel I am the QUEEN
...and you are the PRINCESS.

Where on earth would they find a mother like you?
I know there are mothers
treating their daughters the way you do,
...but I know YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!

I won't let anyone argue with me for that!"

So, here for you, ma!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

WE LOVE YOU AND I KNOW YOU WOULDN'T LET US HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO SERVE YOU YET, BUT IN TIME, WE WILL DO OUR TURN.

and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, TOO!

Ma, even if you seldom feel our love for you, you are treasured here in the deepest core of our hearts.

You may not be the perfect mother we wish you to be, but you showed how a mother's real essence is to your sons and daughter.

You may not be the highly-educated mother like the others I knew, but when it comes to maternal knowledge, you are the most intelligent of them all.

You may have had lifted your hands to us, but the pain of them all made us feel loved even more.

You may have had shouted the harshest words to us, but through those slaps, you have made us stronger that we are today.

AND, DON'T WORRY, MAMA!

FOR, we love you so much! We love every single minute that you are taking care of us!

I knew, until such time comes that I have to look after myself when I am away from you, I am going to enjoy and love every minute that we are together.

Meanwhile, I am going to look for the perfect Mother's Day Gift. What do we have here in the net? Hhmm... let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment