September 16, 2008

You Lose Some, You Gain Some

I'm just done dealing with a potential client after like 10 hours of chatting with him. At the very start of the conversation, we were already having communication issues because of some inappropriate technical words or terminologies used. The project could have been a good resource of dollars...and mind you, could be enough to pay for my tuition fees and some personal needs. That is... if it went well. Because, it did not push through. Imagine talking with each other for 10 hours but in the end no deal was sealed? It was like, it was a precious time we could have both used for more productive things but ended up utilized on something that we didn't get anything in return.

But, no. I did not regret losing one potential to earn lots of money. We simply don't understand each other. I can't take it because much as I need money resources now, I can't risk on taking jobs that I know I can't deliver well because I didn't get the whole picture of what the client wants from me. I am blaming neither of us, because we both had our shortcomings. But, that's life. You lose some, you gain some. I lost a potential paying job, but I gained sleep and pressure-free time, plus the lesson of saying no if you knew you can't do it. I hope he will find a freelance worker though (he doesn't need a freelance writer, like me) who could give exactly what he wants. Right now, I can't risk my health and end up not working for the succeeding days for I might get sick due to one whole night sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment