October 17, 2009

They Say I Am Going To Have A Baby Girl! :-)

I've been meaning to post something here for the last two weeks, but it just happened now. Pardon me again for that as I only found myself willing to put another entry here today. There has been much going on lately with me and it was expected since I am into another relevant phase of my life.

Regarding my pregnancy, I am now on my 24th week (as per my last visit to my OB-gyne on October 7th, she told me I was on my way to 23-24 week), or perhaps older. I and Daddy R found it confusing as we thought I am still a little early on my pregnancy. But if that's what the OB said, so be it. I don't want to do more computations for now. All I'm waiting is February 2, 2010, the baby's due to come out.
I found my second pregnancy way easier to handle than my first. In fact, after going through the first semester which involved a lot of morning sickness and other unpleasant experiences, I am now really enjoying this whole thing. I am so excited for the baby to come out. Perhaps, one big factor for this excitement is the fact that almost all of my colleagues I bump into believe I am gonna have a baby girl this time because of the aura I exude.

As most of my friends already knew, I have been desperately longing to have a baby girl - largely because I don't have a sister; and all my life, was deprived of the stuff that usually shared between two girl siblings. You could just imagine how I long to be with at least a sister to share clothes, gossips and heartaches with.

All my pre-pubescent, teenage, and adult life, there was never a sister to consult with and so at the back of my mind, I was partly (only partly) blaming my being a unica hija in the family to lack the needed factors during my growing up as a female. I mean, my mother could have replaced a sister's position, but I always thought she can never do that since it's so different. So, perhaps you see now why I have been so obsessed at having a baby girl?

If this baby comes out of my womb with a feminine genitalia, I would probably be the merriest mom on the world. Not that I'm being unfair or biased here or I'd be disappointed if it's gonna be a boy, since I knew in my heart I would still be the merriest mom come February 2 regardless of the gender; but the thought of having a baby girl just couldn't get through me.

It really electrifies more my anticipation to bond with her for the rest of her life. I knew it would be like having a dream come true for me. Dressing her up, guiding her until she grows up and becomes the fine woman every man will adore and respect, and simply just talking to her like we're buddies, are thoughts that touch and extend my already uplifted-due-to-my-pregnancy emotions.
Daddy R wanted another baby boy and said we could have a girl for the third member of the siblings. But, given the rather complex situation, I am not banking on that chance that is likely or unlikely to happen in the future. Obviously, we were having conflicted interests when it comes to kids, but in fairness to him, he has said twice that whatever it is to come out, we will welcome with the whole of our hearts. If it's a girl, the favor was on me. If it's a boy, then it's his. Whatever it is, this second baby is another greatest thing that happened to our lives, next to Yad.

Because I can't contain my excitement, I am going to undergo an ultrasound come Monday to determine the gender of the baby even if the OB-gyne did not think it was a good idea at this stage. She said that I could have the test next month so we'd have clear results, but no, I want to know now. I am just too excited that I cannot sleep on this thought each evening. So, goodluck to us, Daddy R! Whoever's favor wins, we are gonna have a helluva new life with our second tot!

Baby, I am so excited, so please show up your cute little, ehem, genitals as mommy is having her ultrasound examinations, alright? We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment