October 3, 2009

Busted Desktop!

After a few days of being offline, I am back. The reason of my "absence," is due to a busted desktop. Yes, my desktop went useless after it's hard disk got stuck up. I made several attempts to make it work, hoping it was just a mild technical problem that goes away after I allowed my desktop to rest for a while. Unfortunately, only for futile efforts. I remember posting an entry here days back about requiring a new memory as my computer was starting to act up. Now, it turned out it needed a different computer replacement part.
pic
After coaxing the husband of my cousin Weng to check my computer, we found out that I need a new hard drive. Waaahhh! That spells shelling a few thousands of pesos! Too bad for me because I was trying to save up for the past days to pay a yearlong debt to a friend, and for the expenses I am about to occur in the near future for my plans of moving out. Added to the injury is the fact that I can no longer retrieve all the files I compiled since 2006. Great!

But since it is through this desktop and my internet connection where I earn some moolah from my freelance gigs, I have no choice but to buy a new hard disk. So, much as I hate parting with some of my of earned money, I went out late this afternoon to buy a new hard drive. Found one, got it installed, for free because Lan won't charge me a dime for his services (Thanks to you!). So I am here once again.

Sigh! The downside of technologies! You gotta maintain them to give you good functioning life for a long while. And when you mean maintenance, it involves doing upgrades, periodic checkups, taking good care of what you do with them, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I'm just a little lucky that I got some ready cash to spend for this necessity.

Now, I am here to accept freelance writing gigs again. Sigh, if only we no longer need freelance gigs here! Anyway, I am thankful that there are freelance jobs available, so work-at-home moms, like me, can still earn money while steady employment is not for me to take yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment